Any and all personal information provided by and about you when you visit our website, other than information automatically collected and stored (see below), will never be publicized, used or sold in any manner whatsoever outside of the IAMADOPTEE website. All personal data, including shared photos, will be private within the IAMADOPTEE membership community and never shared without your permission.
Information automatically collected and stored
When you browse through any website, certain personal information about you can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the iamadoptee.org website from another website, the address of that website
This information is used only to help us make the site more useful for you. With these data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future—these are called “persistent cookies.” This is not the case at www.iamadoptee.org, where we use only non-persistent cookies or “session cookies.” These cookies do not collect personal information on users, and they are erased as soon as you leave our website. (IS THIS TRUE? IF NOT THIS CAN BE DELETED)
Session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through our website or to help you through the online ordering process. These cookies do not permanently record data, and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. Child Welfare Information Gateway cookies are stored in memory and are available only during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
IAMADOPTEE, Inc. does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement by statute.
Disclaimer of endorsement
The information posted on this website may include resources, hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. IAMADOPTEE, Inc. provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving IAMADOPTEE Inc’s site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners or sponsors of the outside website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products or services they offer.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
IAMADOPTEE Inc. will not link to any website that exhibits hate, prejudice, or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with our mission or policies.
Email and Confidentiality:
Sending anything via the Internet and/or web-based email does not ensure 100% confidentiality.
Email communication utilizing end to end encyrption is available upon request
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential and should not be disclosed under penalty of law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me at 917/797.1945 immediately to receive instructions on returning and/or destroying this information.