Acceptance of Terms
IAMADOPTEE, Inc. makes no claims concerning whether the content may be downloaded or are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site from outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
About These Terms
Rules of Conduct
License to Use
This Site is intended to provide users with general information.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific professionals, tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. Any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site is prohibited. Without limitation, users are prohibited from using the Site (1) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; (2) in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; (3) for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others.
Though we strive to keep the information available on the Site current and accurate, errors can and do occur. We provide the information on the Site with no representations or guarantees of accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. We will not be liable to you or any other person for damages that result from the use or inability to use Site, or as a result of any content, information, services, or resources made available through the Site.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation:
(1) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access;
(2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
(4) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; (5) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Effective Date: July 11, 2020
Information automatically collected and stored
When you browse through any website, certain personal information about you can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the iamadoptee.org website from another website, the address of that website
This information is used only to help us make the site more useful for you. With these data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future—these are called “persistent cookies.” This is not the case at www.iamadoptee.org, where we use only non-persistent cookies or “session cookies.” These cookies do not collect personal information on users, and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through our website or to help you through the online ordering process. These cookies do not permanently record data, and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. IAMADOPTEE cookies are stored in memory and are available only during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
IAMADOPTEE, Inc. does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement by statute.
The information posted on this website may include resources, hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. IAMADOPTEE, Inc. provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving IAMADOPTEE Inc’s site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners or sponsors of the outside website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products or services they offer.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- IAMADOPTEE Inc. does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
IAMADOPTEE Inc. will not link to any website that exhibits hate, prejudice, or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with our mission or policies.